Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Millipedes




Wow, the millipedes are huge! Usually they are outside...but last week, while the boys and I were reading in our school room, we found one crawling across the floor. I hope he came in through an open door when we weren't looking. I try to convince myself that they cannot regularly enter my home...though we have found several caterpillars and grasshoppers inside recently.

Billy Bob is Anna's goat. (This is her house.) We get to live in the house, we also get to take care of the goat. The boys take him every morning and tie him where he get get to long, unmowed grass and bring him back home again before it gets dark. Only once did they return without tying him up. A man asked them if they would like to eat Billy Bob. He said that he was a very nice BIG goat and had a lot of meat on him. He also informed them that they taste very good and it would be easy for him to get a knife so they could have a good meal. The boys were a bit frightened and very concerned about losing Billy, though we think that everyone on campus knows Billy Bob and it is most likely that a joke was being played on the little American boys.

3 comments:

  1. Dee-scusting! I may have wet my pants if I had been there to see that. :-O

    --Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought you were the bug woman, Erin! (Giggle!) That is one large millipede! I love that you seem to be taking it all in stride. You are awesome! Are the boys doing so as well?

    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete